Saturday, July 31, 2010

Review of Buried Tales of Pinebox, Texas

Buried Tales of Pinebox, TexasBuried Tales of Pinebox, Texas by Matt M. McElroy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a very unique collection of short horror fiction and I can see why it was nominated for an ENnie award to be given out at Gen Con 2010. I loved the newspaper articles that go along with the horror stories, which are all very well written. Each one is unique, but all are of course set in the fictional town of Pinebox, Texas. I especially enjoyed: The Hanging Tree by Filamena Young, Pie by Monica Valentinelli, and Last Exit to Pinebox by J.D. Wiker.Pinebox is a creepy as hell town that sort of reminds of the small town where the HBO series True Blood is set. The place is backwoods and lots of crazy stuff happens there. The editor of Buried Tales of Pinebox, Texas, Matt M. McElroy did a great job and put together some exceptional talent. I think Stephen King would love these stories.

Paul Genesse
Author of The Dragon Hunters
www.paulgenesse.com

View all my reviews >>

No comments: