Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gen Con 2008

Hello,

Gen Con 2008 was amazing. I was without internet access in my hotel and wasn't able to blog during the con. Needless to say. A lot happened. If you were there, thank you for attending the writing panels or serving on them.

Needless to say, the writing panels were a lot of fun and well attended. I really enjoyed myself and I think the attendees did as well, judging by the great comments.

Here's a link to some of the photos I took at the con.

http://gallery.me.com/paulgenesse

The most fun was at the Eye of Argon reading on Friday night. The Eye of Argon is the worst fantasy story ever written, but it's also the funniest. Next year when we read it out loud (again) we need to act out a scene as it's being read. Kelly Swails can be the blond lusty woman and Patrick Rothfuss should be Grignr the barbarian. Don Bingle as the evil king would be perfect.

To find out about the panel topics download issue four of the Writers' Symposium Ezine. Over 70 hours of panels were given. Yep, that's a lot.

Next year will be even better and I'm sad Gen Con is over. Seeing all my friends and meeting new ones was fabulous. I haven't been blogging as I'm on a short deadline for the rewrite of book two, The Dragon Hunters. I should be working on it now . . .

Best wishes and thank you for reading.

Happy Writing!

Paul Genesse, Author and Editor

Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series
www.paulgenesse.com


No comments: